About this Case Study
In an ideal world, business decision-making would always take user needs into account. In reality, that’s often not the case. Other considerations - such as the momentum of existing projects, the preferences of engineers or the views of senior stakeholders - can all too easily drown out users.
It’s UX’s job to redress the balance, and the most powerful tool in our kit is user research. But how can we challenge our organisation to make better, more user-centered decisions? What are the change factors for fostering UX maturity? What actually works?
In this talk, James will share lessons from 20 years in user research. Looking beyond methodology, he’ll cover:
- how to deliver research programmes that engage and influence stakeholders
- how to ensure that your research has a long shelf life and lasting impact
- how to make your time and budget go further: where to focus your efforts, and where it’s ok to be scrappy
- how to make user research an engine of culture change
- what to do if your research isn’t making a differenceDetails coming soon